Mark Morgan Ford is a lifelong practitioner of writing, teaching, entrepreneurship, martial arts and philanthropy.
He has been writing and publishing since 1962 when, at age 12, he sold an underground booklet titled Excuses for the Amateur to his fifth-grade peers. Since then, he has written more than two dozen books on business, entrepreneurship and wealth building (several of which were New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers), as well as half a dozen books on rhetoric and three books of poetry. He has also written and produced four feature-length movies.
From 2000 to 2010, he posted more than 3,000 essays on his Early to Rise blog, which, at one time, had a circulation of nearly a million readers. From 2010 to 2015, he retired from all but one of his business concerns and created an educational curriculum on wealth building. This curriculum – which consists of thousands of pages of advice and instruction – lives in the Wealth Sciences Academy, an organization whose goal is to encourage industry, entrepreneurship and prudent financial management for the “not yet wealthy.”
As an entrepreneur, he has been involved in dozens of multimillion-dollar businesses, including one whose revenues exceeded $100 million and another that broke the billion-dollar mark. His current business interests include the Agora companies (a large international publishing group), Ford Fine Art (a broker of Latin American and contemporary fine art in Miami, Nicaragua and Delray Beach), AWAI (a company that teaches writing and graphic arts), Lion’s Kill (a movie production business) and Palimi (a business consulting company).
As a real estate investor, he has been involved in more than a hundred projects and developments, from single-family homes to apartment buildings, office buildings and resort communities. Travel & Leisure magazine recently voted the hotel facility in one of these resort communities – Rancho Santana on the Pacific coast of Nicaragua – “one of the 100 best in the world.”
A student of martial arts since 1998, Ford has won three Naga championships. He received his black belt from Marcel Ferreira in 2015.
His charitable activities include FunLimon, a community development facility across the street from Rancho Santana that provides a range of services, including an athletic program, a microlending program, a trade school and a literacy school.
He has attempted to retire four times in his career, never successfully. His current goal is to give away 90% of his wealth in the next decade.
Articles by Mark
- Three Criteria to Rate Your Broker August 12, 2020- Mark Ford wants you to change the way you think about your money. So here are three criteria you can use to rate your broker... and make sure you’re getting the best bang for your buck.
- How to Think Like a Billionaire July 29, 2020- To reach an enviable level of success, you need to start with your thought process. Here are eight ways to think like a billionaire.
- Why Intuition Beats Rationality in Building Wealth July 22, 2020- It takes more than a rational mind to start building wealth and making sound business decisions.
- How Positive Thinking Could Save Your Life July 8, 2020- Author Norman Vincent Peale says that unless you have a positive attitude about yourself and your abilities, “you cannot be successful or happy.” But he’s only half right.
- A Three-Step Strategy for Dealing With the Fear of Failure July 1, 2020- Potential entrepreneurs hesitate because they are afraid to fail. Mark Ford explains how to overcome that fear and take steps toward wealth accumulation.
- Facts and Fallacies About Building Wealth June 24, 2020- Many commonly accepted “facts” about building wealth are actually fallacies. Smart investors should ignore these myths and adopt a variety of strategies.
- You Can Live a Rich Life While Building Wealth June 3, 2020- Some people believe they have to save every penny, while others spend everything they earn. But it is possible to live a rich life while building wealth.
- How to Get Unstuck May 27, 2020- It happens to all of us. You make a commitment, but then you get stuck. Today, Mark Ford shares his foolproof method to get “unstuck.”
- How to Master Your Emotions and Make Good Investment Decisions May 13, 2020- Are you an optimist or a pessimist? Is either tendency hindering your ability to achieve career success and attain a rich life? If so, here’s what to do.
- Four Ways to Be Rich – Rate Yourself Now May 6, 2020- Being "rich" usually refers to financial wealth, but there are other ways you can be rich that will also improve your life.