Mark Morgan Ford is a lifelong practitioner of writing, teaching, entrepreneurship, martial arts and philanthropy. He has been writing and publishing since 1962 when, at age 12, he sold an underground booklet titled Excuses for the Amateur to his fifth-grade peers. Since then, he has written more than two dozen books on business, entrepreneurship and wealth building (several of which were New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers), as well as half a dozen books on rhetoric and three books of poetry. He has also written and produced four feature-length movies.
As an entrepreneur, he has been involved in dozens of multimillion-dollar businesses, including one whose revenues exceeded $100 million and another that broke the billion-dollar mark.
As a real estate investor, he has been involved in more than a hundred projects and developments, from single-family homes to apartment buildings, office buildings and resort communities.
A student of martial arts since 1998, Ford has won three Naga championships. He received his black belt from Marcel Ferreira in 2015. His charitable activities include FunLimon, a community development facility across the street from Rancho Santana that provides a range of services, including an athletic program, a microlending program, a trade school and a literacy school.
Articles by Mark
- Why I Wasn’t “Loyal” to My Broker April 2, 2022 - When handing your finances over to a broker, it’s important to remember that you’re still the boss of your own money.
- 4 Key Metrics to Look For Before You Invest March 9, 2022 - You might not be able to measure the exact quality of a stock, but you can use four metrics to determine the success of a company.
- My Simple System for Knowing When to Buy a Stock March 5, 2022 - When determining how to value stocks, there’s one ratio that can give you all the answers.
- A Lesson in Caring Too Much… and Not Enough January 14, 2022 - Like it or not, civility matters.
- You Can Live a Rich Life While Building Wealth December 8, 2021 - Some people believe they have to save every penny, while others spend everything they earn. But it is possible to live a rich life while building wealth.
- The Little Things That Make Life Meaningful November 24, 2021 - To appreciate the biggest things in life - like health and wealth - it’s helpful to focus on the little things first. Do this to get started.
- The Four Ways to Be Rich in Life October 20, 2021 - Instead of asking, “Am I rich?” you should be asking, “How am I rich?” There are four ways of being rich that will improve your life.
- Facts and Fallacies About Building Wealth October 13, 2021 - Many commonly accepted “facts” about building wealth are actually fallacies. Smart investors should ignore these myths and adopt a variety of strategies.
- How Successful People Invest Their Time September 15, 2021 - How you spend your spare time says a lot about how you spend your money. A single hour a day can majorly impact your financial future. Spend it wisely.
- Three Criteria to Rate Your Broker September 1, 2021 - Are you putting your broker on a pedestal? You may need to change the way you think - because only you should be the boss of your money.