Mark Morgan Ford is a lifelong practitioner of writing, teaching, entrepreneurship, martial arts and philanthropy. He has been writing and publishing since 1962 when, at age 12, he sold an underground booklet titled Excuses for the Amateur to his fifth-grade peers. Since then, he has written more than two dozen books on business, entrepreneurship and wealth building (several of which were New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers), as well as half a dozen books on rhetoric and three books of poetry. He has also written and produced four feature-length movies.
As an entrepreneur, he has been involved in dozens of multimillion-dollar businesses, including one whose revenues exceeded $100 million and another that broke the billion-dollar mark.
As a real estate investor, he has been involved in more than a hundred projects and developments, from single-family homes to apartment buildings, office buildings and resort communities.
A student of martial arts since 1998, Ford has won three Naga championships. He received his black belt from Marcel Ferreira in 2015. His charitable activities include FunLimon, a community development facility across the street from Rancho Santana that provides a range of services, including an athletic program, a microlending program, a trade school and a literacy school.
Articles by Mark
- The Little Things That Make Life Meaningful November 25, 2020- To appreciate the biggest things in life, like our health and wealth, it is sometimes important to first focus on the little things that make us happy.
- How to Grow Your Wealth for Decades November 18, 2020- You don’t have to be a sophisticated investor to avoid making big investment mistakes. All you need is a little common sense.
- How to Build Financial Wealth November 4, 2020- Mark Ford defines what it really takes to grow your wealth year after year.
- How to Spend Yourself Poor September 23, 2020- There’s a million-dollar reason why you shouldn’t take financial advice from Mike Tyson...
- Retirement: Don’t Make This Common but Very Costly Mistake! September 2, 2020- Retirement planning can be complicated, and many retirees make one common mistake. Mark Ford explains how to avoid it and plan for a happy retirement.
- Going From Good to Great August 21, 2020- If you want to accomplish great things, you need to understand two things: pride and practice.
- Three Criteria to Rate Your Broker August 12, 2020- Mark Ford wants you to change the way you think about your money. So here are three criteria you can use to rate your broker... and make sure you’re getting the best bang for your buck.
- How to Think Like a Billionaire July 29, 2020- To reach an enviable level of success, you need to start with your thought process. Here are eight ways to think like a billionaire.
- Why Intuition Beats Rationality in Building Wealth July 22, 2020- It takes more than a rational mind to start building wealth and making sound business decisions.
- How Positive Thinking Could Save Your Life July 8, 2020- Author Norman Vincent Peale says that unless you have a positive attitude about yourself and your abilities, “you cannot be successful or happy.” But he’s only half right.