Mark Morgan Ford is a lifelong practitioner of writing, teaching, entrepreneurship, martial arts and philanthropy. He has been writing and publishing since 1962 when, at age 12, he sold an underground booklet titled Excuses for the Amateur to his fifth-grade peers. Since then, he has written more than two dozen books on business, entrepreneurship and wealth building (several of which were New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers), as well as half a dozen books on rhetoric and three books of poetry. He has also written and produced four feature-length movies.
As an entrepreneur, he has been involved in dozens of multimillion-dollar businesses, including one whose revenues exceeded $100 million and another that broke the billion-dollar mark.
As a real estate investor, he has been involved in more than a hundred projects and developments, from single-family homes to apartment buildings, office buildings and resort communities.
A student of martial arts since 1998, Ford has won three Naga championships. He received his black belt from Marcel Ferreira in 2015. His charitable activities include FunLimon, a community development facility across the street from Rancho Santana that provides a range of services, including an athletic program, a microlending program, a trade school and a literacy school.
Articles by Mark
- How Successful People Invest Their Time September 15, 2021- How you spend your spare time says a lot about how you spend your money. A single hour a day can majorly impact your financial future. Spend it wisely.
- Three Criteria to Rate Your Broker September 1, 2021- Are you putting your broker on a pedestal? You may need to change the way you think - because only you should be the boss of your money.
- A Monthly Budget That Will Help You Get Rich August 11, 2021- Your ability to build wealth depends on what you prioritize. Creating a realistic plan doesn't take long, and it's simpler than you think.
- Why Intuition Beats Rationality in Building Wealth July 7, 2021- It takes more than rationality to build wealth and make sound financial decisions. Savvy investors must also know when to trust their instincts.
- How to Grow Your Wealth for Decades June 30, 2021- You don’t have to be a sophisticated investor to avoid making big investment mistakes. All you need is a little common sense.
- How to Think Like a Billionaire June 23, 2021- To reach an enviable level of success, start with your thought process. History shows us that billionaires have a completely different way of thinking.
- How to Buy Real Estate “Right” March 25, 2021- Want to know the secret to making a fortune from real estate? It’s all about the GRM.
- The Fastest Way to Grow Rich (and Not Risk Everything Else) February 17, 2021- Deciding to get rich can radically change your life. Just remember that there’s more than one way to get there.
- How to Invest in Stocks for Lifetime Wealth January 13, 2021- There’s a reason Albert Einstein called compounding “the eighth wonder of the world.”
- The Middle-Class Trap December 2, 2020- If you had to guess how many Americans make up the middle class, you might say 50%. But in reality, it’s a much smaller number.