While I am the Chief Investment Strategist for The Oxford Club and Liberty Through Wealth today, I retired from Wall Street at the ripe old age of 43.
After 16 years as an investment advisor, research analyst and portfolio manager, I had gone from a net worth of approximately zero to financial independence.
That meant I was free to do whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted, with whomever I wanted.
It’s called total financial freedom. And I can tell you from experience, it’s a great feeling.
Since retiring from the securities industry, I’ve been busy living what I call “the second half of my life.”
I write about the financial markets for The Oxford Club, the world’s largest financial fellowship with more than 110,000 Members, and Liberty Through Wealth (formerly Investment U), a free daily e-letter with close to 300,000 subscribers.
I’m also in charge of three fast-paced trading services: The Momentum Alert, The Insider Alert and The True Value Alert.
And I’ve authored four national bestsellers: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio, The Secret of Shelter Island, Beyond Wealth, and An Embarrassment of Riches.
Working as a writer instead of as a licensed investment advisor suits me well. I can give advice freely, and no one who heeds it has to wonder whether my real motive is to earn fees or commissions or “capture their assets.”
I can write what I want about the market – and the world – without a compliance officer scrutinizing my words. And readers don’t have to worry about the objectivity of my analysis.
I have no business relationships with the companies I cover, no investment banking colleagues seeking customers for new bond issues and secondary offerings, no reason to tell anything but the plain truth as I see it.
Many of these truths I’ve learned the hard way. You can save yourself a lot of trouble – not to mention a boatload of money – by learning from my personal experience.
(I made the dumb mistakes early in my career, so you don’t have to.)
In my Liberty Through Wealth columns, you’ll learn how to successfully manage your money yourself, using simple yet highly sophisticated strategies to increase your returns, reduce your risk, avoid Wall Street’s mountain of fees and keep the taxman at bay.
No one cares more about your money than you do. You should manage it yourself.
With Liberty Through Wealth, you can – and enjoy the total financial freedom that comes with it.
Articles by Alex
- What You Should Really Celebrate Tomorrow July 3, 2020- Despite media negativity and common perceptions, America is doing great. Today, Alexander Green discusses the true wealth that we have to celebrate.
- Why Traders Ignore the Small Stocks With the Best Potential June 26, 2020- Inexperienced traders often go after the biggest stocks - Apple, Amazon, etc. - but they are missing out on major potential by ignoring the small stocks.
- The Media Got COVID Wrong… But Investors Got It Right June 22, 2020- The mainstream media has nothing but gloom-and-doom predictions, but investors who ignored them have capitalized on a historic rally in the markets.
- Fortune Favors the Brave… and So Does the Stock Market June 19, 2020- As the coronavirus spread and the market plunged, many investors and analysts said we were headed for a depression. Savvy wealth builders knew otherwise.
- All Great Investors Have These Two Qualities June 15, 2020- Want to achieve long-term investment success? Establishing the correct mindset - and sticking to it - is a key element in building wealth.
- Why the Market Really Tanked Yesterday June 12, 2020- Market timing is impossible, as evidenced by yesterday’s market sell-off. The media blames a spike in coronavirus cases, but here’s what really happened.
- Three Steps Investors Must Take Now June 8, 2020- The market has put on a furious rally since hitting its low. If you’re ready to buy, make sure you do these three things first for wealth preservation.
- The Secret of Great Wealth… and of Life June 5, 2020- Although many people are financially stressed due to the pandemic, healthy financial habits will help - along with understanding what being wealthy means.
- The Coronavirus, the Market… and Rational Exuberance June 1, 2020- Some investors have argued that we are in a bubble right now - that stock valuations are unjustified. But market analysis shows that they’re mistaken.
- Corporate Insiders Will Lead You to Vast Profits May 29, 2020- As the country begins to reopen, it may seem difficult to tell which businesses will recover and which will stay permanently shuttered. Here’s a clue.