While I am the Chief Investment Strategist for The Oxford Club and Liberty Through Wealth today, I retired from Wall Street at the ripe old age of 43.
After 16 years as an investment advisor, research analyst and portfolio manager, I had gone from a net worth of approximately zero to financial independence.
That meant I was free to do whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted, with whomever I wanted.
It’s called total financial freedom. And I can tell you from experience, it’s a great feeling.
Since retiring from the securities industry, I’ve been busy living what I call “the second half of my life.”
I write about the financial markets for The Oxford Club, the world’s largest financial fellowship with more than 110,000 Members, and Liberty Through Wealth (formerly Investment U), a free daily e-letter with close to 300,000 subscribers.
I’m also in charge of three fast-paced trading services: The Momentum Alert, The Insider Alert and The True Value Alert.
And I’ve authored four national bestsellers: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio, The Secret of Shelter Island, Beyond Wealth, and An Embarrassment of Riches.
Working as a writer instead of as a licensed investment advisor suits me well. I can give advice freely, and no one who heeds it has to wonder whether my real motive is to earn fees or commissions or “capture their assets.”
I can write what I want about the market – and the world – without a compliance officer scrutinizing my words. And readers don’t have to worry about the objectivity of my analysis.
I have no business relationships with the companies I cover, no investment banking colleagues seeking customers for new bond issues and secondary offerings, no reason to tell anything but the plain truth as I see it.
Many of these truths I’ve learned the hard way. You can save yourself a lot of trouble – not to mention a boatload of money – by learning from my personal experience.
(I made the dumb mistakes early in my career, so you don’t have to.)
In my Liberty Through Wealth columns, you’ll learn how to successfully manage your money yourself, using simple yet highly sophisticated strategies to increase your returns, reduce your risk, avoid Wall Street’s mountain of fees and keep the taxman at bay.
No one cares more about your money than you do. You should manage it yourself.
With Liberty Through Wealth, you can – and enjoy the total financial freedom that comes with it.
Articles by Alex
- The Last Human Freedom May 25, 2020- Today, Alex shares his thoughts on “the last human freedom.” Our freedom to choose our own attitude is an important part of achieving true wealth.
- How Investors Rationalize Their Fears… and Lose Money May 21, 2020- The recent coronavirus crash led many investors to panic and pull money out of the market, but this is never a good idea. Market timing simply does not work.
- Do Bears Lack Imagination, Knowledge… or Both? May 18, 2020- Stock market bears insist that the recent rally makes no sense. Most lack imagination or don’t understand how markets work - or both.
- The Secret to Higher Stock Market Returns May 15, 2020- It can be hard to know when exactly to buy into a stock, but there’s a telltale sign - and reliable investment strategy - that rarely fails.
- The Perfect Contrarian Indicator Pays Off… Yet Again May 11, 2020- This economist’s flawed predictions serve as one of our favorite contrarian indicators. And they’re paying off yet again amid the coronavirus crisis.
- Why Some Investors Succeed… But Most Don’t May 8, 2020- Why do so many investors fail? What are successful investors doing differently? Well, for starters, they find a proven investment strategy and stick to it.
- “Experts” Hate the Stock Market… Here’s Why May 4, 2020- Markets are efficient - everything that can be known is immediately reflected in share prices. So why do "experts" hate the market so much?
- What “the Market” Understands That Health Experts Don’t April 30, 2020- First quarter GDP took a hit, but the market is already looking ahead to the third and fourth quarters. Here’s what investors understand that the experts don’t.
- How Markets Will Save Us From COVID-19 April 24, 2020- Many people don’t understand how the stock market works. But the free market system is what’s going to save us from the coronavirus.
- The Market Tells Investors, “Be More Optimistic” April 23, 2020- The market is a leading indicator that reflects the knowledge of millions of investors. Right now, it’s telling investors that things are looking up.