While I am the Chief Investment Strategist for The Oxford Club and Liberty Through Wealth today, I retired from Wall Street at the ripe old age of 43.
After 16 years as an investment advisor, research analyst and portfolio manager, I had gone from a net worth of approximately zero to financial independence.
That meant I was free to do whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted, with whomever I wanted.
It’s called total financial freedom. And I can tell you from experience, it’s a great feeling.
Since retiring from the securities industry, I’ve been busy living what I call “the second half of my life.”
I write about the financial markets for The Oxford Club, the world’s largest financial fellowship with more than 110,000 Members, and Liberty Through Wealth (formerly Investment U), a free daily e-letter with close to 300,000 subscribers.
I’m also in charge of three fast-paced trading services: The Momentum Alert, The Insider Alert and The True Value Alert.
And I’ve authored four national bestsellers: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio, The Secret of Shelter Island, Beyond Wealth, and An Embarrassment of Riches.
Working as a writer instead of as a licensed investment advisor suits me well. I can give advice freely, and no one who heeds it has to wonder whether my real motive is to earn fees or commissions or “capture their assets.”
I can write what I want about the market – and the world – without a compliance officer scrutinizing my words. And readers don’t have to worry about the objectivity of my analysis.
I have no business relationships with the companies I cover, no investment banking colleagues seeking customers for new bond issues and secondary offerings, no reason to tell anything but the plain truth as I see it.
Many of these truths I’ve learned the hard way. You can save yourself a lot of trouble – not to mention a boatload of money – by learning from my personal experience.
(I made the dumb mistakes early in my career, so you don’t have to.)
In my Liberty Through Wealth columns, you’ll learn how to successfully manage your money yourself, using simple yet highly sophisticated strategies to increase your returns, reduce your risk, avoid Wall Street’s mountain of fees and keep the taxman at bay.
No one cares more about your money than you do. You should manage it yourself.
With Liberty Through Wealth, you can – and enjoy the total financial freedom that comes with it.
Articles by Alex
- Is Capitalism Really in Crisis? December 6, 2019- Politicians claim that capitalism is in crisis and must be fixed, but our system is working exactly as it should, and people are living richer lives than ever.
- John Templeton’s Advice on How to Give Thanks December 2, 2019- One day of thanks is not enough. John Templeton recommends practicing an attitude of perpetual gratitude, or thanksliving.
- How to Become Wealthier… Instantly November 28, 2019- Many of us wait for an opportunity like Thanksgiving to express gratitude. But if you’re hoping to achieve a rich life, consider making it a daily habit.
- The Man Who Teaches Your Kids to Hate Capitalism November 25, 2019- Socialism won in a recent debate versus capitalism, but how? Our free market system provides endless opportunities where socialism continually fails.
- A Young Audience… an Angry Old Man… and a Sad Outcome November 22, 2019- On Monday, Alex discussed a recent debate of socialism versus capitalism. Now we take a deeper look at some of the socialist arguments and why they’re invalid.
- NYC Cheered This Marxist Economist November 18, 2019- Our free market system is a blessing that provides mutual benefit to businesses and consumers. So why are so many people in favor of socialism these days?
- The Worst Trade I Ever Made… and How You Can Benefit November 15, 2019- As 2019 nears its end, it’s tempting to sell off losing stocks for the tax break. This strategy can help you navigate the wash-sale rule and capitalize on coming rallies.
- Why First Impressions Matter November 13, 2019- When Alex met The Oxford Club’s newest strategist in 2007, he was skeptical. But it turns out they share a common strategy and interest: biotech stocks.
- The World Really Isn’t Going to Hell… Here’s Why November 11, 2019- A clear-eyed view of our nation and the world is essential for building wealth and a rich life, but that can seem impossible with constant media negativity.
- Why the Anti-Capitalists Are Dead Wrong November 8, 2019- Anti-capitalists argue that current economic inequality shows that capitalism is “broken.” But no system provides more opportunities to build wealth.