While I am the Chief Investment Strategist for The Oxford Club and Liberty Through Wealth today, I retired from Wall Street at the ripe old age of 43.
After 16 years as an investment advisor, research analyst and portfolio manager, I had gone from a net worth of approximately zero to financial independence.
That meant I was free to do whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted, with whomever I wanted.
It’s called total financial freedom. And I can tell you from experience, it’s a great feeling.
Since retiring from the securities industry, I’ve been busy living what I call “the second half of my life.”
I write about the financial markets for The Oxford Club, the world’s largest financial fellowship with more than 110,000 Members, and Liberty Through Wealth (formerly Investment U), a free daily e-letter with close to 300,000 subscribers.
I’m also in charge of three fast-paced trading services: The Momentum Alert, The Insider Alert and The True Value Alert.
And I’ve authored four national best-sellers: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio, The Secret of Shelter Island, Beyond Wealth, and An Embarrassment of Riches.
Working as a writer instead of as a licensed investment advisor suits me well. I can give advice freely, and no one who heeds it has to wonder whether my real motive is to earn fees or commissions or “capture their assets.”
I can write what I want about the market – and the world – without a compliance officer scrutinizing my words. And readers don’t have to worry about the objectivity of my analysis.
I have no business relationships with the companies I cover, no investment banking colleagues seeking customers for new bond issues and secondary offerings, no reason to tell anything but the plain truth as I see it.
Many of these truths I’ve learned the hard way. You can save yourself a lot of trouble – not to mention a boatload of money – by learning from my personal experience.
(I made the dumb mistakes early in my career, so you don’t have to.)
In my Liberty Through Wealth columns, you’ll learn how to successfully manage your money yourself, using simple yet highly sophisticated strategies to increase your returns, reduce your risk, avoid Wall Street’s mountain of fees and keep the taxman at bay.
No one cares more about your money than you do. You should manage it yourself.
With Liberty Through Wealth, you can – and enjoy the total financial freedom that comes with it.
Articles by Alex
- Three Simple Steps to Superior Investing February 22, 2019- Approach everything you read and hear with a deep sense of skepticism - and a few basic questions.
- Why You Should Know “The Indispensable Man” February 18, 2019- In observance of Presidents Day, Alex Green shares why a replica of the famous painting Washington Crossing the Delaware hangs in his living room...
- An Early Victory in the War on Wealth February 15, 2019- Activists and local politicians pledged to do everything in their power to make life difficult for Amazon... so the company pulled out of the New York City deal yesterday.
- How Your Distorted Worldview Hurts Your Portfolio February 11, 2019- There is a pervasive prejudice in news reporting that transcends politics: negativity bias.
- Wake Up… and Reap the Immediate Financial Rewards February 8, 2019- Today human beings, technology and capital markets operate as a comprehensive problem-solving machine.
- Is America on the Wrong Track? You Be the Judge… February 4, 2019- There’s plenty to celebrate, even if the national media doesn’t give it much attention.
- Why Most Investors Get the World Completely Wrong February 1, 2019- Thanks to unrelentingly negative news coverage, most of us believe the world is getting steadily worse.
- Why the World Doesn’t Belong to You January 28, 2019- Some people are far less ignorant of the big picture than others. And - surprise, surprise - it’s not society’s “elites.”
- Take These 6 Urgent Steps to Avoid “Negative Wealth Shock” January 25, 2019- At the intersection of wealth and health is happiness, longevity... and a preemptively well-balanced portfolio with risk-lowering measures.
- The Right Man… at the Right Place… at the Right Time January 21, 2019- This week millions of Americans will pause to remember and celebrate the life and achievements of Martin Luther King Jr., the 20th century’s most influential civil rights activist.