While I am the Chief Investment Strategist for The Oxford Club and Liberty Through Wealth today, I retired from Wall Street at the ripe old age of 43.
After 16 years as an investment advisor, research analyst and portfolio manager, I had gone from a net worth of approximately zero to financial independence.
That meant I was free to do whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted, with whomever I wanted.
It’s called total financial freedom. And I can tell you from experience, it’s a great feeling.
Since retiring from the securities industry, I’ve been busy living what I call “the second half of my life.”
I write about the financial markets for The Oxford Club, the world’s largest financial fellowship with more than 110,000 Members, and Liberty Through Wealth (formerly Investment U), a free daily e-letter with close to 300,000 subscribers.
I’m also in charge of three fast-paced trading services: The Momentum Alert, The Insider Alert and The True Value Alert.
And I’ve authored four national best-sellers: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio, The Secret of Shelter Island, Beyond Wealth, and An Embarrassment of Riches.
Working as a writer instead of as a licensed investment advisor suits me well. I can give advice freely, and no one who heeds it has to wonder whether my real motive is to earn fees or commissions or “capture their assets.”
I can write what I want about the market – and the world – without a compliance officer scrutinizing my words. And readers don’t have to worry about the objectivity of my analysis.
I have no business relationships with the companies I cover, no investment banking colleagues seeking customers for new bond issues and secondary offerings, no reason to tell anything but the plain truth as I see it.
Many of these truths I’ve learned the hard way. You can save yourself a lot of trouble – not to mention a boatload of money – by learning from my personal experience.
(I made the dumb mistakes early in my career, so you don’t have to.)
In my Liberty Through Wealth columns, you’ll learn how to successfully manage your money yourself, using simple yet highly sophisticated strategies to increase your returns, reduce your risk, avoid Wall Street’s mountain of fees and keep the taxman at bay.
No one cares more about your money than you do. You should manage it yourself.
With Liberty Through Wealth, you can – and enjoy the total financial freedom that comes with it.
Articles by Alex
- Welcome to the “Tariff Man” Correction December 6, 2018 - Tariff Man is not faster than a speeding bullet. Instead, he has the power to send our $30 trillion stock market into a tailspin.
- Why Some Americans Are Rich… But Most Aren’t December 3, 2018 - Some argue that economic “winners” and economic “losers” share the same habits. That claim is false, with two exceptions.
- Will You Be the Next Millionaire Next Door? November 30, 2018 - Do men and women in the U.S. become wealthy as a result of good habits or good luck? Here’s my take.
- The Worst Trade I Ever Made… and How You Can Benefit November 26, 2018 - I still consider my decision to sell these shares one of the most boneheaded investment moves I ever made.
- John Templeton’s Advice on How to Give Thanks November 22, 2018 - One day of thanks is not enough. John Templeton recommends practicing an attitude of perpetual gratitude, or thanksliving.
- How to Put Your Wealth in Perspective November 13, 2018 - The U.S. has accounted for 40% of the increase in global wealth since the financial crisis in 2008 - and 58% of the rise since 2013.
- Why It’s Time to Send Your Portfolio Overseas November 9, 2018 - International equities will almost certainly outperform the U.S. market. Here’s how to take advantage of it.
- The Most Difficult Part of Investing November 5, 2018 - Wall Street is the only market where the customers won’t buy when the merchandise goes on sale.
- How to Know When to Sell Your Stocks November 2, 2018 - If you don’t have a premeditated sell discipline - and the vast majority of investors don’t - you’re flying by the seat of your pants.
- Understanding the Life – and Death – of Great Stocks October 29, 2018 - If market outperformance is your goal, drop your subscription to the psychic network and pull out your calculator instead.