While I am the Chief Investment Strategist for The Oxford Club and Liberty Through Wealth today, I retired from Wall Street at the ripe old age of 43.
After 16 years as an investment advisor, research analyst and portfolio manager, I had gone from a net worth of approximately zero to financial independence.
That meant I was free to do whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted, with whomever I wanted.
It’s called total financial freedom. And I can tell you from experience, it’s a great feeling.
Since retiring from the securities industry, I’ve been busy living what I call “the second half of my life.”
I write about the financial markets for The Oxford Club, the world’s largest financial fellowship with more than 110,000 Members, and Liberty Through Wealth (formerly Investment U), a free daily e-letter with close to 300,000 subscribers.
I’m also in charge of three fast-paced trading services: The Momentum Alert, The Insider Alert and The True Value Alert.
And I’ve authored four national bestsellers: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio, The Secret of Shelter Island, Beyond Wealth, and An Embarrassment of Riches.
Working as a writer instead of as a licensed investment advisor suits me well. I can give advice freely, and no one who heeds it has to wonder whether my real motive is to earn fees or commissions or “capture their assets.”
I can write what I want about the market – and the world – without a compliance officer scrutinizing my words. And readers don’t have to worry about the objectivity of my analysis.
I have no business relationships with the companies I cover, no investment banking colleagues seeking customers for new bond issues and secondary offerings, no reason to tell anything but the plain truth as I see it.
Many of these truths I’ve learned the hard way. You can save yourself a lot of trouble – not to mention a boatload of money – by learning from my personal experience.
(I made the dumb mistakes early in my career, so you don’t have to.)
In my Liberty Through Wealth columns, you’ll learn how to successfully manage your money yourself, using simple yet highly sophisticated strategies to increase your returns, reduce your risk, avoid Wall Street’s mountain of fees and keep the taxman at bay.
No one cares more about your money than you do. You should manage it yourself.
With Liberty Through Wealth, you can – and enjoy the total financial freedom that comes with it.
Articles by Alex
- The Simple Formula to Achieve Great Wealth September 16, 2019- It’s easier to believe that the rich are just “lucky,” but it’s really their behavior and discipline that ultimately determine their income and wealth.
- Income and Net Worth: Why Unequal Is Not Unfair September 13, 2019- Some Americans have more income and wealth than others. But there are good reasons for the disparity - and a way that lagging individuals can catch up.
- Economic Inequality: Loving the Poor… or Hating the Rich? September 9, 2019- What’s the key to wealth creation and answer to inequality, when even some of the most educated people are living paycheck to paycheck? Let’s find out.
- The End of Wealth Inequality… Starting Today September 6, 2019- What’s the key to wealth creation and answer to inequality, when even some of the most educated people are living paycheck to paycheck? Let’s find out.
- Something Else to Celebrate on Labor Day September 2, 2019- There’s much to celebrate today, including international trade. Here’s why imports and exports are important for investors and a key factor in global wealth.
- No… The Stock Market Is Not a Bubble August 30, 2019- Contrary to recent fears, our current stock market is not a bubble. But savvy wealth builders should be prepared for both bull and bear markets ahead.
- Economic Inequality: Why It’s Not a Bad Thing August 26, 2019- Is economic inequality really a problem? You may think so, but financial economics show that there will always be inequality in a free market system.
- Why Capitalism Doesn’t Need to Be Reformed August 23, 2019- People have claimed that capitalism is broken for many years, but it’s simply not true. Our free market system allows any person to achieve a rich life.
- The One Crucial Ingredient for Investment Success August 19, 2019- If you’ve spent a lifetime saving and investing smartly, you were probably successful in creating wealth. So what sets you apart from others who fail?
- The Best Stock Market Signal in 61 Years? August 15, 2019- The Dow took a major dip yesterday, but don’t panic. Learn more about the factors affecting bond and stock yields and how to react to a major buying signal.