While I am the Chief Investment Strategist for The Oxford Club and Liberty Through Wealth today, I retired from Wall Street at the ripe old age of 43.
After 16 years as an investment advisor, research analyst and portfolio manager, I had gone from a net worth of approximately zero to financial independence.
That meant I was free to do whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted, with whomever I wanted.
It’s called total financial freedom. And I can tell you from experience, it’s a great feeling.
Since retiring from the securities industry, I’ve been busy living what I call “the second half of my life.”
I write about the financial markets for The Oxford Club, the world’s largest financial fellowship with more than 110,000 Members, and Liberty Through Wealth (formerly Investment U), a free daily e-letter with close to 300,000 subscribers.
I’m also in charge of three fast-paced trading services: The Momentum Alert, The Insider Alert and The True Value Alert.
And I’ve authored four national best-sellers: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio, The Secret of Shelter Island, Beyond Wealth, and An Embarrassment of Riches.
Working as a writer instead of as a licensed investment advisor suits me well. I can give advice freely, and no one who heeds it has to wonder whether my real motive is to earn fees or commissions or “capture their assets.”
I can write what I want about the market – and the world – without a compliance officer scrutinizing my words. And readers don’t have to worry about the objectivity of my analysis.
I have no business relationships with the companies I cover, no investment banking colleagues seeking customers for new bond issues and secondary offerings, no reason to tell anything but the plain truth as I see it.
Many of these truths I’ve learned the hard way. You can save yourself a lot of trouble – not to mention a boatload of money – by learning from my personal experience.
(I made the dumb mistakes early in my career, so you don’t have to.)
In my Liberty Through Wealth columns, you’ll learn how to successfully manage your money yourself, using simple yet highly sophisticated strategies to increase your returns, reduce your risk, avoid Wall Street’s mountain of fees and keep the taxman at bay.
No one cares more about your money than you do. You should manage it yourself.
With Liberty Through Wealth, you can – and enjoy the total financial freedom that comes with it.
Articles by Alex
- The One Crucial Ingredient for Investment Success March 18, 2019- If you’ve spent a lifetime saving regularly and investing smartly, is it really true that you could and others couldn’t? Or is it that you did and others didn’t?
- Why Listen to the World’s Greatest Investor? March 15, 2019- Rather than just wishing to invest like Buffett, emulate him by following his sage advice.
- Why Some Investors Succeed… But Most Don’t March 11, 2019- Investing is essentially the transfer of wealth to those who have a process and can execute it from those who do not or cannot.
- The Most Preposterous Reason to Sell Your Stocks March 8, 2019- The fear of a coming “civil war” is the single dumbest reason for cashing out of stocks.
- The Real Reason the Rich Get Richer March 4, 2019- With the exception of people with severe disabilities - every American ought to be rich.
- These Charts Are Worth a Thousand Words… and Millions of Dollars March 1, 2019- The best piece of advice to combat the negative media bias is to follow the trend lines not the headlines.
- The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio: The Ultimate Index Fund Portfolio February 26, 2019- When I speak about my Gone Fishin’ portfolio at financial conferences around the nation, I often tell…
- To Grow and Protect Your Portfolio… Save the Goose February 25, 2019- The greatest threat to the financial markets is the growing populist movements that threaten to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs: our amazing free market system.
- Three Simple Steps to Superior Investing February 22, 2019- Approach everything you read and hear with a deep sense of skepticism - and a few basic questions.
- Why You Should Know “The Indispensable Man” February 18, 2019- In observance of Presidents Day, Alex Green shares why a replica of the famous painting Washington Crossing the Delaware hangs in his living room...