Alexander Green is Chief Investment Strategist of The Oxford Club and Liberty Through Wealth. For 16 years, Alex worked as an investment advisor, research analyst and portfolio manager on Wall Street. After developing his extensive knowledge and achieving financial independence, he retired at the age of 43. Since then, he has been living “the second half of his life.”
He is the Senior Editor of The Oxford Communiqué, which was ranked as one of the top investment newsletters by Hulbert Digest for more than a decade. He also operates three fast-paced trading services: The Momentum Alert, The Insider Alert and Oxford Microcap Trader.
Alex is also the author of four New York Times bestselling books: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio: Get Wise, Get Wealthy… and Get On With Your Life; The Secret of Shelter Island: Money and What Matters; Beyond Wealth: The Road Map to a Rich Life; and An Embarrassment of Riches: Tapping Into the World’s Greatest Legacy of Wealth.
Articles by Alex
- Why Market Timing Doesn’t Work: Part IV August 8, 2022 - Anyone can make a good call and be in the market during a rally or out during a correction...
- Why Market Timing Doesn’t Work: Part III August 5, 2022 - This should be a fundamental part of every investor’s knowledge and understanding: What will move the market tomorrow is not what is already known today.
- Why Market Timing Doesn’t Work: Part II August 1, 2022 - Market timers eventually end up with nothing more than subpar returns and a boatload of short-term capital gains tax liabilities...
- Why Market Timing Doesn’t Work: Part I July 25, 2022 - It’s important to remember that anyone can make a good call from time to time. But no one can consistently and accurately time the market...
- Insiders Are Bottom-Fishing… You Should Too July 22, 2022 - If you want to increase your stock market returns in today’s volatile market, the answer isn’t to sell. Instead, ride the coattails of knowledgeable insiders.
- The Most Compelling Signal You Can Find July 18, 2022 - Why would officers and directors pile money into their own shares? Because they know something you don’t. That’s what makes insider buying so powerful.
- Why “The Worst Economy Ever” Is Actually a Good Thing July 11, 2022 - One important index indicates that now is the perfect time to capitalize on stocks at bargain prices.
- The Best Tax Advice You’ll Ever Receive July 8, 2022 - Life is meant to be enjoyed, which makes saving hard. But there’s one way to reach financial independence without having to spend a penny less.
- What’s So Great About America July 4, 2022 - As we ring in the 246th anniversary of the United States, it’s important to remember what makes America the land of opportunity.
- The Real Secret to Market-Beating Returns June 27, 2022 - Some might attribute Warren Buffett’s market-beating returns to luck, when in reality his success is due in large part to skillful investing.