While I am the Chief Investment Strategist for The Oxford Club and Liberty Through Wealth today, I retired from Wall Street at the ripe old age of 43.
After 16 years as an investment advisor, research analyst and portfolio manager, I had gone from a net worth of approximately zero to financial independence.
That meant I was free to do whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted, with whomever I wanted.
It’s called total financial freedom. And I can tell you from experience, it’s a great feeling.
Since retiring from the securities industry, I’ve been busy living what I call “the second half of my life.”
I write about the financial markets for The Oxford Club, the world’s largest financial fellowship with more than 110,000 Members, and Liberty Through Wealth (formerly Investment U), a free daily e-letter with close to 300,000 subscribers.
I’m also in charge of three fast-paced trading services: The Momentum Alert, The Insider Alert and The True Value Alert.
And I’ve authored four national best-sellers: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio, The Secret of Shelter Island, Beyond Wealth, and An Embarrassment of Riches.
Working as a writer instead of as a licensed investment advisor suits me well. I can give advice freely, and no one who heeds it has to wonder whether my real motive is to earn fees or commissions or “capture their assets.”
I can write what I want about the market – and the world – without a compliance officer scrutinizing my words. And readers don’t have to worry about the objectivity of my analysis.
I have no business relationships with the companies I cover, no investment banking colleagues seeking customers for new bond issues and secondary offerings, no reason to tell anything but the plain truth as I see it.
Many of these truths I’ve learned the hard way. You can save yourself a lot of trouble – not to mention a boatload of money – by learning from my personal experience.
(I made the dumb mistakes early in my career, so you don’t have to.)
In my Liberty Through Wealth columns, you’ll learn how to successfully manage your money yourself, using simple yet highly sophisticated strategies to increase your returns, reduce your risk, avoid Wall Street’s mountain of fees and keep the taxman at bay.
No one cares more about your money than you do. You should manage it yourself.
With Liberty Through Wealth, you can – and enjoy the total financial freedom that comes with it.
Articles by Alex
- Is This Bull Market Getting Older… or Getting Better? May 21, 2019- It is impossible to predict when this bull market will end, so don’t scare yourself out of the stock market - just enjoy the ride.
- A Dumb Investment Question… and the Smartest One May 20, 2019- The stock market is unpredictable, which means that trying to guess what the market is going to do is a fruitless effort. Here’s what to consider instead.
- How You Got Richer Than the Wealthiest American Ever May 17, 2019- Although John D. Rockefeller was the wealthiest American of all time, consider that he didn’t experience the true wealth that most Americans have today.
- Are You an Asinine Investor? May 13, 2019- What can you learn from some of the greatest “sluggers” of all time, like Charlie Munger? How not to be an asinine investor for one thing.
- I Was Batboy to the Greatest Slugger of Them All May 10, 2019- Batboys can learn from the greats just by paying attention - which is exactly how Alexander Green learned some of the best investment strategies.
- These Businesses Have Been Decimated… and That’s Not Bad May 6, 2019- The shuttering of many small stores and strip malls may seem like a bad thing, but it is evidence that President Trump’s economic investment is working.
- In Defense of Big Business… and Big Profits April 29, 2019- These days, people like to think of big business as the Big Bad Wolf, but maybe we should be defending it - and the opportunities it provides - instead.
- The Worst Trading Technique Ever Devised April 26, 2019- You can make triple-digit gains with momentum stocks and the right technique. But make sure you know when to cut your losses!
- The One Financial Secret of the Top 3% April 22, 2019- There is no justice. Life isn’t fair. That may be true, but how you deal with the challenges that come your way is entirely up to you. How does your perspective affect your financial success?
- Two Roads to Wealth… One From a Business Genius April 19, 2019- There are plenty of ways to accumulate wealth, but the right one for you must suit your temperament. Are you risk averse or ready to take on the markets?