Alexander Green is Chief Investment Strategist of The Oxford Club and Liberty Through Wealth. For 16 years, Alex worked as an investment advisor, research analyst and portfolio manager on Wall Street. After developing his extensive knowledge and achieving financial independence, he retired at the age of 43. Since then, he has been living “the second half of his life.”
He is the Senior Editor of The Oxford Communiqué, which was ranked as one of the top investment newsletters by Hulbert Digest for more than a decade. He also operates three fast-paced trading services: The Momentum Alert, The Insider Alert and Oxford Microcap Trader.
Alex is also the author of four New York Times bestselling books: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio: Get Wise, Get Wealthy… and Get On With Your Life; The Secret of Shelter Island: Money and What Matters; Beyond Wealth: The Road Map to a Rich Life; and An Embarrassment of Riches: Tapping Into the World’s Greatest Legacy of Wealth.
Articles by Alex
- The Seven Habits of Highly Successful Investors September 23, 2021- Small, incremental changes can often lead to big results. If you want to become a successful investor, work on building these essential habits.
- How to Know When to Sell Your Stocks September 20, 2021- If you don’t have a predetermined sell discipline for your stocks - and the vast majority of investors don’t - you’re flying by the seat of your pants.
- To Grow and Protect Your Portfolio… Save the Goose September 13, 2021- Our free market system - the goose that lays the golden eggs - is under attack. But not by the economy, inflation, interest rates or corporate profits...
- How Much Is Enough? September 10, 2021- A foundational question about defining wealth is, "How much is enough?" As it turns out, the answer - and the definition of a rich life - is largely personal.
- Log Off and Live September 6, 2021- Our nation is increasingly addicted to electronic media. But it’s important to remember that we have a choice: We can hit the off button.
- Welcome to the New “Post-Responsibility” Society September 3, 2021- It’s easy to place blame for economic inequality, but the only way to grow your wealth is by taking control and holding yourself accountable.
- Should You Be Using an Account Manager? August 30, 2021- Some investors are willing and able to take the time to “grow their own tomatoes.” For others, it may make sense to use a personal money manager.
- Why “Inverted Responsibility” Won’t Make You Rich… or Happy August 27, 2021- Many Americans are getting left behind... and they want to blame the rich. But the truth is, we all need to take responsibility for ourselves.
- How You Keep Other People From Getting Rich August 23, 2021- The American Dream is dead... and it’s all your fault. According to one author, the top 10% of Americans are holding everyone else back.
- What Mike Tyson Can Teach You About Investing August 16, 2021- Mike Tyson is not your average financial role model. But his strategy in the ring offers a lot of lessons for investors.