Alexander Green is Chief Investment Strategist of The Oxford Club and Liberty Through Wealth. For 16 years, Alex worked as an investment advisor, research analyst and portfolio manager on Wall Street. After developing his extensive knowledge and achieving financial independence, he retired at the age of 43. Since then, he has been living “the second half of his life.”
He is the Senior Editor of The Oxford Communiqué, which was ranked as one of the top investment newsletters by Hulbert Digest for more than a decade. He also operates three fast-paced trading services: The Momentum Alert, The Insider Alert and Oxford Microcap Trader.
Alex is also the author of four New York Times bestselling books: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio: Get Wise, Get Wealthy… and Get On With Your Life; The Secret of Shelter Island: Money and What Matters; Beyond Wealth: The Road Map to a Rich Life; and An Embarrassment of Riches: Tapping Into the World’s Greatest Legacy of Wealth.
Articles by Alex
- How Good Information Can Lead to Great Profits October 15, 2021- Accurate information is crucial to investors. But you must know where to find it and how to filter the truth from the absurd.
- You’ve Finally Made It. Now What? October 11, 2021- Investment columns offer endless advice on how to achieve financial independence. But they don’t tell you how to spend your money once you do...
- Why Some Investors Succeed… But Most Investors Don’t October 8, 2021- Why do so many investors fail? What are successful investors doing differently? Well, for starters, they find a proven investment strategy and stick to it.
- To Increase Your Returns… Check These Biases October 4, 2021- It's impossible to be objective all the time. But the biases that color your decisions could be hindering your plan for financial independence.
- Why the Best Investors Love Numbers… Not Stories October 1, 2021- There are plenty of compelling investing stories right now, from cannabis to crypto to Reddit bets. But there’s a cold truth behind these fairytales.
- How the Rich Keep Getting Richer September 27, 2021- More than half of U.S. households have a negative net worth. Pundits think capitalism is to blame, but here’s the truth about wealth in America.
- The Seven Habits of Highly Successful Investors September 23, 2021- Small, incremental changes can often lead to big results. If you want to become a successful investor, work on building these essential habits.
- How to Know When to Sell Your Stocks September 20, 2021- If you don’t have a predetermined sell discipline for your stocks - and the vast majority of investors don’t - you’re flying by the seat of your pants.
- To Grow and Protect Your Portfolio… Save the Goose September 13, 2021- Our free market system - the goose that lays the golden eggs - is under attack. But not by the economy, inflation, interest rates or corporate profits...
- How Much Is Enough? September 10, 2021- A foundational question about defining wealth is, "How much is enough?" As it turns out, the answer - and the definition of a rich life - is largely personal.