While I am the Chief Investment Strategist for The Oxford Club and Liberty Through Wealth today, I retired from Wall Street at the ripe old age of 43.
After 16 years as an investment advisor, research analyst and portfolio manager, I had gone from a net worth of approximately zero to financial independence.
That meant I was free to do whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted, with whomever I wanted.
It’s called total financial freedom. And I can tell you from experience, it’s a great feeling.
Since retiring from the securities industry, I’ve been busy living what I call “the second half of my life.”
I write about the financial markets for The Oxford Club, the world’s largest financial fellowship with more than 110,000 Members, and Liberty Through Wealth (formerly Investment U), a free daily e-letter with close to 300,000 subscribers.
I’m also in charge of three fast-paced trading services: The Momentum Alert, The Insider Alert and The True Value Alert.
And I’ve authored four national bestsellers: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio, The Secret of Shelter Island, Beyond Wealth, and An Embarrassment of Riches.
Working as a writer instead of as a licensed investment advisor suits me well. I can give advice freely, and no one who heeds it has to wonder whether my real motive is to earn fees or commissions or “capture their assets.”
I can write what I want about the market – and the world – without a compliance officer scrutinizing my words. And readers don’t have to worry about the objectivity of my analysis.
I have no business relationships with the companies I cover, no investment banking colleagues seeking customers for new bond issues and secondary offerings, no reason to tell anything but the plain truth as I see it.
Many of these truths I’ve learned the hard way. You can save yourself a lot of trouble – not to mention a boatload of money – by learning from my personal experience.
(I made the dumb mistakes early in my career, so you don’t have to.)
In my Liberty Through Wealth columns, you’ll learn how to successfully manage your money yourself, using simple yet highly sophisticated strategies to increase your returns, reduce your risk, avoid Wall Street’s mountain of fees and keep the taxman at bay.
No one cares more about your money than you do. You should manage it yourself.
With Liberty Through Wealth, you can – and enjoy the total financial freedom that comes with it.
Articles by Alex
- Did American Exceptionalism Make the Pandemic Worse? August 3, 2020- The bad news about the coronavirus keeps coming. But the mainstream media isn’t telling the whole story.
- Rising Stocks… and the Fire Ant Theory of Investing July 31, 2020- Despite a global pandemic, economic shutdown and spike in unemployment, the stock market has rallied to impressive heights. This “fire ant” theory explains why.
- Just How Much Is Enough? July 27, 2020- A foundational question about defining wealth is “How much is enough?” As it turns out, the answer - and the definition of a rich life - is largely personal.
- A Crash Course in Financial Freedom July 24, 2020- It usually takes 30-plus years to attain the kind of investing wisdom the pros have. Fortunately, you can take a shortcut.
- How to Stay Positive Despite Widespread Negativity, Toxic Politics… and a Global Pandemic July 20, 2020- It’s tough for investors to stay optimistic during these hard times... but you can retain a positive outlook if you keep some key things in mind.
- Good and Bad Reasons for the Stock Market Surge July 17, 2020- We can’t predict what the market will do tomorrow. But we can understand the market’s recent behavior... and use that knowledge to help our portfolios today.
- First Impressions Could Cost You July 15, 2020- Alexander Green’s first impression of Oxford Club Strategist Marc Lichtenfeld was a skeptical one. But he quickly learned that Marc knew his stuff... including one of the best ways to profit from American innovation.
- It’s Never Been Easier to Build a Fortune July 13, 2020- Many Americans are afraid to build their wealth - afraid they’ve waited too long or don’t have enough money to get started. But it’s never been a better time to start investing.
- Black Wealth Matters – Here’s How to Create More of It July 10, 2020- You may not be able to change the world, but you do have the power to take charge of your financial destiny.
- This Quality Leads to Excellence… in Life and in Investing July 6, 2020- How do you become a better investor, employee or partner? Learning to accept criticism could be the key to self-improvement and a wealthy lifestyle.