While I am the Chief Investment Strategist for The Oxford Club and Liberty Through Wealth today, I retired from Wall Street at the ripe old age of 43.
After 16 years as an investment advisor, research analyst and portfolio manager, I had gone from a net worth of approximately zero to financial independence.
That meant I was free to do whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted, with whomever I wanted.
It’s called total financial freedom. And I can tell you from experience, it’s a great feeling.
Since retiring from the securities industry, I’ve been busy living what I call “the second half of my life.”
I write about the financial markets for The Oxford Club, the world’s largest financial fellowship with more than 110,000 Members, and Liberty Through Wealth (formerly Investment U), a free daily e-letter with close to 300,000 subscribers.
I’m also in charge of three fast-paced trading services: The Momentum Alert, The Insider Alert and The True Value Alert.
And I’ve authored four national bestsellers: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio, The Secret of Shelter Island, Beyond Wealth, and An Embarrassment of Riches.
Working as a writer instead of as a licensed investment advisor suits me well. I can give advice freely, and no one who heeds it has to wonder whether my real motive is to earn fees or commissions or “capture their assets.”
I can write what I want about the market – and the world – without a compliance officer scrutinizing my words. And readers don’t have to worry about the objectivity of my analysis.
I have no business relationships with the companies I cover, no investment banking colleagues seeking customers for new bond issues and secondary offerings, no reason to tell anything but the plain truth as I see it.
Many of these truths I’ve learned the hard way. You can save yourself a lot of trouble – not to mention a boatload of money – by learning from my personal experience.
(I made the dumb mistakes early in my career, so you don’t have to.)
In my Liberty Through Wealth columns, you’ll learn how to successfully manage your money yourself, using simple yet highly sophisticated strategies to increase your returns, reduce your risk, avoid Wall Street’s mountain of fees and keep the taxman at bay.
No one cares more about your money than you do. You should manage it yourself.
With Liberty Through Wealth, you can – and enjoy the total financial freedom that comes with it.
Articles by Alex
- A New Bull Market… or a Bear Market Bounce? March 30, 2020- Did we just enjoy the shortest bear market on record, or is it just getting started? Either way, wealth builders should be prepared for what’s ahead.
- How to Beat the Coronavirus March 27, 2020- In challenging times, it’s important to protect both your health and wealth. And to protect against disease, one of your strongest weapons is a healthy diet.
- How to Think About Money… and the Coronavirus March 23, 2020- Recent cancellations, closures and orders to shelter in place may seem extreme, but they’re necessary to flatten the curve and protect our health and wealth.
- The Good News About the Coronavirus March 20, 2020- By now you've heard a lot of bad news about COVID-19, but things are already looking up. Here's why wealth builders should focus on the positive.
- This Time Is Different… Just Like Every Other Time March 16, 2020- The global coronavirus pandemic and resulting market slump are an entirely new challenge for wealth builders... Or are they?
- I’ll Have a Corona, Please… With a Side of Buffett March 12, 2020- The stock market’s plunge over the past month has been spectacular, but if you keep your head, there is a bright side for building wealth.
- The Most Dangerous Myths About Wealth March 9, 2020- Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is running on a myth that capitalism is oppressive, but our free market provides everyone a chance for true wealth.
- The “Biden Bump” Powers the Market Higher March 6, 2020- A growing political movement is openly hostile to wealth creation and fosters resentment toward investors. This is a truly alarming development.
- Time to Buy the Market Drop… or Sell Before the Next One? March 2, 2020- Right now, every investor is asking the same question: Is it too early to buy or too late to sell? Here’s what wealth builders need to know.
- What Should Investors Do Today? Follow the Advice I Gave Last Month February 28, 2020- The market has been particularly volatile this week. What should investors do? Follow this sound wealth creation advice that has stood the test of time.