While I am the Chief Investment Strategist for The Oxford Club and Liberty Through Wealth today, I retired from Wall Street at the ripe old age of 43.
After 16 years as an investment advisor, research analyst and portfolio manager, I had gone from a net worth of approximately zero to financial independence.
That meant I was free to do whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted, with whomever I wanted.
It’s called total financial freedom. And I can tell you from experience, it’s a great feeling.
Since retiring from the securities industry, I’ve been busy living what I call “the second half of my life.”
I write about the financial markets for The Oxford Club, the world’s largest financial fellowship with more than 110,000 Members, and Liberty Through Wealth (formerly Investment U), a free daily e-letter with close to 300,000 subscribers.
I’m also in charge of three fast-paced trading services: The Momentum Alert, The Insider Alert and The True Value Alert.
And I’ve authored four national bestsellers: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio, The Secret of Shelter Island, Beyond Wealth, and An Embarrassment of Riches.
Working as a writer instead of as a licensed investment advisor suits me well. I can give advice freely, and no one who heeds it has to wonder whether my real motive is to earn fees or commissions or “capture their assets.”
I can write what I want about the market – and the world – without a compliance officer scrutinizing my words. And readers don’t have to worry about the objectivity of my analysis.
I have no business relationships with the companies I cover, no investment banking colleagues seeking customers for new bond issues and secondary offerings, no reason to tell anything but the plain truth as I see it.
Many of these truths I’ve learned the hard way. You can save yourself a lot of trouble – not to mention a boatload of money – by learning from my personal experience.
(I made the dumb mistakes early in my career, so you don’t have to.)
In my Liberty Through Wealth columns, you’ll learn how to successfully manage your money yourself, using simple yet highly sophisticated strategies to increase your returns, reduce your risk, avoid Wall Street’s mountain of fees and keep the taxman at bay.
No one cares more about your money than you do. You should manage it yourself.
With Liberty Through Wealth, you can – and enjoy the total financial freedom that comes with it.
Articles by Alex
- Why Investors Should Follow the Trend Lines… Not the Headlines January 27, 2020- Media negativity makes investors even more risk averse than they naturally are. Here’s why you need to follow the trend lines if you want to grow your wealth.
- How the National Media Makes Americans Poorer January 24, 2020- The media promotes a narrative that our capitalist system is “rigged.” This is untrue, and it’s time for Americans to wake up and get on the way to wealth.
- The Right Man… at the Right Place… at the Right Time January 20, 2020- This week, millions of Americans will pause to celebrate the life and work of Martin Luther King Jr., the 20th century’s most influential civil rights activist.
- Why Trump’s Trade Pact With China Is a Very Big Deal January 17, 2020- The U.S.-China trade war has been a black cloud over the U.S. economy and stock market. Now that a Phase One deal has been reached, blue skies are ahead.
- How the “Master Narrative” Undermines Investors January 13, 2020- Academia, Hollywood and the mainstream media would have you believe that the world’s going to…
- The Mindset of the World’s Greatest Investors January 10, 2020- The world’s greatest investors aren’t worried about the state of the world or the latest market analysis, so why are you?
- What Sophisticated Investors Should Expect in 2020 January 6, 2020- We just closed a record year, but what concerns investors now is what lies ahead. Here’s how you can expect to grow your wealth.
- 3 Steps That Guarantee a Bigger Portfolio in 2020 January 3, 2020- The market just finished a record year, but the future holds no guarantees. Here are three simple things you can do to ensure you grow your wealth in 2020.
- How You Got Richer Than the Wealthiest American Ever December 27, 2019- Although John D. Rockefeller was the wealthiest American of all time, consider that he didn’t experience the true wealth that most Americans have today.
- The Science of Giving December 23, 2019- The holiday season is a time of generosity. We all know that giving makes us feel good, but it also has many health benefits that are important for a rich life.