While I am the Chief Investment Strategist for The Oxford Club and Liberty Through Wealth today, I retired from Wall Street at the ripe old age of 43.
After 16 years as an investment advisor, research analyst and portfolio manager, I had gone from a net worth of approximately zero to financial independence.
That meant I was free to do whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted, with whomever I wanted.
It’s called total financial freedom. And I can tell you from experience, it’s a great feeling.
Since retiring from the securities industry, I’ve been busy living what I call “the second half of my life.”
I write about the financial markets for The Oxford Club, the world’s largest financial fellowship with more than 110,000 Members, and Liberty Through Wealth (formerly Investment U), a free daily e-letter with close to 300,000 subscribers.
I’m also in charge of three fast-paced trading services: The Momentum Alert, The Insider Alert and The True Value Alert.
And I’ve authored four national best-sellers: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio, The Secret of Shelter Island, Beyond Wealth, and An Embarrassment of Riches.
Working as a writer instead of as a licensed investment advisor suits me well. I can give advice freely, and no one who heeds it has to wonder whether my real motive is to earn fees or commissions or “capture their assets.”
I can write what I want about the market – and the world – without a compliance officer scrutinizing my words. And readers don’t have to worry about the objectivity of my analysis.
I have no business relationships with the companies I cover, no investment banking colleagues seeking customers for new bond issues and secondary offerings, no reason to tell anything but the plain truth as I see it.
Many of these truths I’ve learned the hard way. You can save yourself a lot of trouble – not to mention a boatload of money – by learning from my personal experience.
(I made the dumb mistakes early in my career, so you don’t have to.)
In my Liberty Through Wealth columns, you’ll learn how to successfully manage your money yourself, using simple yet highly sophisticated strategies to increase your returns, reduce your risk, avoid Wall Street’s mountain of fees and keep the taxman at bay.
No one cares more about your money than you do. You should manage it yourself.
With Liberty Through Wealth, you can – and enjoy the total financial freedom that comes with it.
Articles by Alex
- What You Ought to Do as a Successful Investor July 19, 2019- Many investors don’t find success because they’re going about things the wrong way. Learn about the three things you should do to grow your wealth.
- The Connection Between Wealth Loss and Health Loss July 15, 2019- Many of us take steps to protect our health, but do you do the same for your wealth? Recent studies show that a significant loss can have a major impact.
- Here’s Why You Should Expect a Trade Deal Soon July 10, 2019- One economist’s perceptions and market analysis are so flawed that they serve as nearly perfect contrarian indicators. Here’s why he’s wrong again.
- It’s Time for Stock Investors to Celebrate… and Exercise Caution July 8, 2019- There is no way to know when this bull market will end, so make sure you take the proper steps to grow your wealth and protect your gains in the future.
- Are Corporate Insiders Shouting “Buy”? July 5, 2019- Investors can get themselves in a panic if they don’t understand what insider buying signals are really saying. Alex Green explains how to interpret them.
- What You Should Truly Celebrate Today July 4, 2019- Despite media negativity and common perceptions, America is doing great. Today, Alexander Green discusses the true wealth that we have to celebrate.
- How the Media Makes You Ignorant and Confused… Not Rich July 1, 2019- Some people are consumed with “staying on top of the news,” but Alexander Green explains why media consumption is not the way to wealth.
- What Warren Buffett Knows… and You Don’t June 28, 2019- Marketers may promise to help you “invest like Buffett.” That’s not necessary, but you can learn a great deal from him about financial economics.
- The Financial Threat of Free-Lunchism June 24, 2019- Politicians today are proposing many “free lunches” without any consideration of financial economics and the impact on the national debt.
- How the Rich Keep Getting Richer June 21, 2019- Half of Americans have a negative net worth. Pundits think capitalism is to blame, but Alex Green reveals the truth behind wealth and power.