Matt has worked as an editorial consultant to the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, the Economist Intelligence Unit and other global macro-institutions. He wrote about markets and economics for U.S. News & World Report, Bloomberg News and Investor’s Business Daily, among other publications. He also worked for several years as head of political economy for a Financial Times-owned macroeconomic consulting firm, advising hedge funds around the world. Matt’s claim to fame is that he’s interviewed two U.S. presidents and has spoken with five Federal Reserve Chairs from Paul Volcker through Jerome Powell. Matt also served as The Oxford Club’s Editorial Director for two years.
Articles by Matt
- Does the Federal Reserve Have the Time, Luck and Skill to Pull This Off? August 10, 2022 - Because it looks like luck may be all it has left...
- Prepare Yourself Ahead of the Fed’s Big Announcement July 27, 2022 - If the Fed defies expectations... watch out!
- The Federal Reserve Wants to Slice Job Openings July 13, 2022 - More Americans are leaving their jobs than ever before. But if you’re thinking of joining them, beware - you may regret it...
- When Will We Hit Peak Inflation? July 1, 2022 - You’re probably wondering... when will we hit peak inflation? Well, one data point coming mid-month will tell us more.
- If You Didn’t Invest in This Fund… Celebrate June 17, 2022 - Steer clear of Cathie Wood’s cultlike following unless you’re a glutton for punishment.
- Buybacks Are Back June 6, 2022 - And political opposition to them is likely to return too.
- Generate Wealth as the Sell-Off Continues May 25, 2022 - As the market sell-off continues, it’s important to remember that opportunity still lies in great companies trading at lower valuations.
- It’s a Correction, Not an Apocalypse May 20, 2022 - While it’s impossible to predict when the bear market will bottom, perhaps we’re closer to the end of this correction than many think.
- Are We Headed for Recession by 2023? May 6, 2022 - While we could be headed for a recession, it’s important to remember that recessions are inevitable. And every market break comes with a buying opportunity.
- An Important Lesson From 1970s Stagflation April 30, 2022 - Will it be different this time?