Based in London, Nicholas Vardy is a widely recognized expert on quantitative trading systems, exchange-traded funds and global investing. An accomplished investment guru since 2005, Nicholas has several successful newsletters to his name. He has been a regular commentator on CNN International and Fox Business Network. He has also been cited in The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, Fox Business News, MarketWatch, Yahoo Finance, TheStreet and MSN Money Central.
Nicholas holds a B.A. and M.A. from Stanford University and a J.D. from Harvard Law School. He is a fellow at London’s Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce, and Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs.
Nicholas teams up with Alexander Green, writing for Liberty Through Wealth and The Oxford Communiqué.
Articles by Nicholas
- Lessons From the Life of Charles Ponzi August 11, 2022 - Motivated by greed, some investors will always fall for the latest incarnation of a Ponzi scheme.
- How to Defend Capitalism at Cocktail Parties August 9, 2022 - Socialism may promise a utopia... But it takes capitalism to deliver it.
- What the Japanese Art Craze of the 1980s Can Teach Investors About NFTs August 4, 2022 - All eyes are on the nonfungible token (NFT) train... But remember that as sure as night follows day, every boom is followed by a bust.
- How to Profit From the Geography of Genius August 2, 2022 - Understanding the history of various golden ages helps you identify when and where the next ones are likely to occur.
- Never Take Investment Advice From a Hedgehog July 28, 2022 - Listening to hedgehogs could cost you much of your hard-earned cash. Investors should stick with a more measured approach...
- Warning: Steer Clear of All Financial Bubbles July 26, 2022 - Stay away from all financial bubbles - whether you bet on them or against them...
- The Underlying Problem With Smart Beta ETFs July 21, 2022 - It’s time for investors to ignore the promises of “market-beating” strategies and instead use two simple tactics.
- What the 20th Century’s Most Influential Economist Can Teach You About Investing July 14, 2022 - Many might find this 20th-century economist unusual, but his economic philosophy still dominates the financial realm today.
- What Wriston’s Law of Capital Tells Us About America’s Remarkable Success July 12, 2022 - Dominance is about commerce, not conquest. Capital, people and ideas gravitate toward freedom and opportunity.
- A Controversial Company Dedicated to Digital Currency July 7, 2022 - Michael Saylor bet the fate of his company on a single asset: Bitcoin.